Explore online liberal arts degrees
Feed your hunger for knowledge with the online liberal arts degrees offered at Ashford University. The liberal arts are an ideal field of study for students who want to dive deep into numerous topics to expand their minds. A liberal arts bachelor’s degree can also prepare you for a wide range of careers in fields as varied as business, healthcare, social service, public service, and more. Open up a world of possibilities with liberal arts degrees.
Choose Your Online Liberal Arts Degree
A liberal arts bachelor’s degree will help you grow into a well-rounded individual with a wide worldview. Liberal arts majors learn about diverse subjects that stimulate the mind and satisfy intellectual curiosity. Find out more about the liberal arts degrees offered at Ashford:
- BA in Applied Linguistics – Discover the structure of language, the uses of computer-mediated communication, and language-related social issues.
- BA in Communication Studies – Understand modern communication tools, visual communication, message theory, and theories of persuasion.
- BA in English – Develop your writing, communication, and critical thinking skills while studying our shared language.
- BA in Environmental Studies – Take a look at the complex cultural, social, historical, and political facets that affect our environment.
- BA in History – Examine the evolving forces that continually shape modern life and evaluate how events and movements shaped our past.
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication – Learn all the necessary skills to research, write, and edit information to be distributed in print, online, or broadcast live.
- BA in Liberal Arts – Embark on a broad-based course of study that includes elements of literature, philosophy, social science, analytical skills, and more.
- BA in Public Administration – Prepare for a career in the public sector by learning how to apply management theory to the practice of public administration.
- BA in Social Science – Develop a sound understanding of the society we live in by studying individuals, families, communities, governments, and cultures from different perspectives.
- BA in Sociology – Delve into the study of humans, their experiences in society, and the unique issues they can face.
The Ashford Advantage
When you choose Ashford University as your liberal arts college, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of the Ashford online experience:
- Accredited – Ashford University is WSCUC accredited
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your liberal arts bachelor’s degree
- Convenient & Flexible – An online liberal arts degree lets you balance work, life, family, and college
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes – Take one class at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Bachelor’s students can receive special recognition for academic achievements at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
Make Ashford your liberal arts college. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.