Earn your degree in education online
✓ Help others learn
✓ Choose from a variety of majors
✓ Explore a career in education
Deliver the gift of knowledge when you earn an online education degree at Ashford University. Ashford’s convenient online format and mobile classroom allow you to pursue your degree without putting your life on hold. Study wherever and whenever you want. Earn your online education degree at an accredited university and enjoy all the benefits of the Ashford experience:
- Accredited – Learn at an accredited online university
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward a bachelor’s degree
- Convenient & Flexible – Online education degree programs let you balance work, life, family, and school
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes** – Take one class at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Receive special recognition for your academic achievements in a bachelor’s program at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
What You’ll Learn in Your Education Program
No matter where you are in your educational journey, Ashford offers an education degree program to meet your needs. Select from degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level. A degree in education can prepare you for careers in administration, in curriculum design, in corporate training, and much more. All degree programs will help you understand how people learn and provide effective strategies to deliver education to diverse learners.
Not sure which undergraduate or graduate degree in education is right for you? Check out all of Ashford’s education degrees:
- AA in Early Childhood Education »
- BA in Child Development »
- BA in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction »
- BA in Early Childhood Education »
- BA in Early Childhood Education Administration »
- BA in Education Studies »
- BA in Instructional Design »
- BA in Library Science and Media »
- MA in Early Childhood Education Leadership »
- MA in Education »
- MA in Special Education »
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology »
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education »
Whichever degree you pick, your courses will all be taught by expert faculty with real-world education experience. They’ll deliver relevant, up-to-date information that you’ll be able to apply to your education career.
Your future awaits at Ashford. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
**Classes last 6 weeks for graduate programs and 9 weeks for doctoral dissertation courses.
Certification and Licensure Terms and Conditions
An online degree from Ashford University does not lead to immediate teacher licensure in any state. If you want to become a classroom teacher, contact your state's education authorities prior to enrolling at Ashford to determine what state-specific requirements you must complete before obtaining your teacher's license. Ashford graduates will be subject to additional requirements on a state-by-state basis that will include one or more of the following: student teaching or practicum experience, additional coursework, additional testing, or, if the state requires a specific type of degree to seek alternative certification, earning an additional degree. None of Ashford's online education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), which is a requirement for certification in some states. Other factors, such as a student's criminal history, may prevent an applicant from obtaining licensure or employment in this field of study. All prospective students are advised to visit the Education Resource Organizations Directory (EROD) and to contact the licensing body of the state where they are licensed or intend to obtain licensure to verify that these courses qualify for teacher certification, endorsement, and/or salary benefits in that state prior to enrolling. Prospective students are also advised to regularly review the state's policies and procedures relating to licensure as those policies are subject to change.