Earn your online criminal justice degree
Whether you’re looking to break into the criminal justice field or you’re ready to advance your current criminal justice career, you’ll find a criminal justice degree to meet your needs at Ashford University. The convenient online format and mobile classroom at Ashford allow you to pursue your criminal justice degree without putting your life on hold. Study wherever and whenever you want.
Which Criminal Justice Degree Is Right for You?
Ashford is your college for criminal justice and law enforcement. Choose from three different criminal justice bachelor’s degrees or step up to a criminal justice master’s degree:
- BA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management – Help to create a more secure America with coursework focusing on emergency management and response, the causes of terrorism, and homeland security solutions.
- BA in Law Enforcement Administration – Take a leadership role in law enforcement. You’ll learn how to manage law enforcement agencies, find out how those agencies operate, and evaluate guidelines for policing communities.
- BA in Social and Criminal Justice – Understand the social and criminal justice system with courses covering criminal investigations, psychology, crime prevention, terrorism, the correctional system, and law.
- MS in Criminal Justice – Build your skills in victimology, forensics, and cybercrime, while exploring the functions of police, prosecutors, courts, and corrections.
What Can You Do with a Criminal Justice Degree?
Criminal justice majors will be prepared for a wide range of roles, depending on which degree they pursue. With a BA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you’ll be ready for careers such as Homeland Security Agent, Border Patrol Officer, Counter Terrorism Agent, Emergency Response Manager, or TSA Agent. The BA in Law Enforcement Administration prepares you to work in police and sheriff’s departments, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the FBI, and the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Pursue a career as a Police Officer, Federal Marshal, Criminal Investigator, Sheriff’s Deputy, or Private Security Manager with a BA in Social and Criminal Justice. MS in Criminal Justice graduates will be prepared to be a Detective or Correctional Officer Supervisor.
Earn your online criminal justice degree at an accredited university and enjoy all the benefits of the Ashford experience:
- Accredited – Ashford University is WSCUC accredited
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your criminal justice bachelor’s degree
- Convenient & Flexible – An online criminal justice degree lets you balance work, life, family, and college
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes** – Take one course at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Bachelor’s students can receive special recognition for academic achievements at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
Your future awaits at Ashford. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
**Classes last 6 weeks for graduate programs and 9 weeks for doctoral dissertation courses.