Earn your degree in HR management online
MASTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Develop the strategic management skills to keep professional organizations competitive in a global marketplace while also boosting your professional credentials. Coursework was designed to align with the standards set forth by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). In your final year of study, if you have completed a minimum of 500 hours of relevant experience, you will be eligible to apply for the SHRM Certified Professional exam.
Your Master of Human Resource Management degree earned online from Ashford University will help you address the social, ethical, legal, and economic issues facing virtual, domestic, and international organizations.
The courses in this degree program focus on critical content areas, including change management, employee and labor relations, legal and ethical issues, compensation and benefits, training and development, workforce planning and talent management, organizational development, HR information systems, and globalization.
- Evaluate organizational needs as a strategic business partner in the core areas of Human Resource Management
- Assess change management initiatives to fulfill strategic organizational objectives
- Analyze internal and external business environments and HR management strategies of virtual, domestic, and internationally focused organizations
- Assess issues of diversity as they affect the human resource function
- Construct strategies for planning, recruiting, selecting, training, and retaining employees to ensure human resources support organizational goals
- Evaluate regulatory, legal, and ethical issues when developing and administering policies and procedures in the workplace