Earn your master's degree in human services online
MASTER OF ARTS IN HUMAN SERVICES
Acquire the skills to lead human service organizations with the Master of Arts in Human Services degree from Ashford University. In this program, you will learn how to guide the work of others while understanding the different values, goals, and lifestyles of service consumers and employees.
This degree teaches you how to navigate the structure and operations of service organizations as you develop your own management skills. Your coursework will include discovery and application in areas such as human services systems, project management, organizational research, grant writing, and professional ethics. Learn how to implement information systems and lead people.
- Develop a historical context of human services
- Evaluate various human systems as they relate to the human services field
- Explain human service delivery systems in relation to populations served, organizations, and models of service delivery
- Develop research and written communication skills applied to the human services field
- Construct a program plan, program review, and community-needs assessment
- Explain knowledge, theory, and skills pertaining to interventions and direct services
- Examine operational, organizational and administrative aspects of human services
- Explain the need to ethically remain mindful and respectful of each client’s values
- Synthesize values and personal world views for self-awareness, professional development, and personal development