Earn your master's degree in education online
MASTER OF ARTS DEGREE IN EDUCATION
Elevate your education. Reach a career milestone by earning your Master of Arts in Education degree online from Ashford University.
Study in depth those areas that most influence educational institutions, including curricula, assessment, and principles of leadership. Master the skills to be an education leader, while improving instruction and promoting diversity. In addition to core courses in teaching and learning, you choose a specialization to focus your degree. If you are committed to a career involving education, then the Master of Arts in Education from Ashford University is for you.
- Design appropriate and challenging learning experiences informed by analysis of how learners develop individually across the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical patterns to promote student learning and growth
- Employ differentiated instructional education practices aligned with learner strengths and differences, diverse cultures, and diverse communities to promote student learning in a safe, collaborative, engaging, inclusive, 21st century learning environment
- Design a variety of evidence-based education assessments used for ongoing evaluation of student progress, and to guide teacher and learner decision making
- Execute an action research study that draws on the research and methods of various disciplines to address local or global educational issues
- Design learner-centered instruction aligned with Common Core State Standards, digital age standards (NETS-S), and 21st Century skills to promote learner achievement and educational growth
- Engage in continuous professional growth through leadership in educational environments and the demonstration of legal and ethical behavior in professional practices
- Use knowledge of subject matter and central concepts of the discipline(s) to create technology-enriched learning environments that promote learner achievement and innovation
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders through written communication, verbal communication, and a variety of current and emerging digital age tools to ensure learner growth and to advance the education profession
- Use a range of digital education technology tools to research, organize, evaluate, and communicate information while exhibiting an understanding of ethical and legal issues surrounding the use of information technologies
Certification and Licensure Terms and Conditions
An online degree from Ashford University does not lead to immediate teacher licensure in any state. If you want to become a classroom teacher, contact your state's education authorities prior to enrolling at Ashford to determine what state-specific requirements you must complete before obtaining your teacher's license. Ashford graduates will be subject to additional requirements on a state-by-state basis that will include one or more of the following: student teaching or practicum experience, additional coursework, additional testing, or, if the state requires a specific type of degree to seek alternative certification, earning an additional degree. None of Ashford's online education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), which is a requirement for certification in some states. Other factors, such as a student's criminal history, may prevent an applicant from obtaining licensure or employment in this field of study. All prospective students are advised to visit the Education Resource Organizations Directory (EROD) and to contact the licensing body of the state where they are licensed or intend to obtain licensure to verify that these courses qualify for teacher certification, endorsement, and/or salary benefits in that state prior to enrolling. Prospective students are also advised to regularly review the state's policies and procedures relating to licensure as those policies are subject to change.