Earn your doctorate in human services online
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN HUMAN SERVICES
Address the needs of underserved populations when you earn your Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Human Services at Ashford University. This degree program is an ideal choice for individuals with career aspirations and research interests pertaining to human services policies and practices.
The Doctorate in Human Services focuses on meeting the needs of diverse populations who are struggling with issues such as addiction, illness, poverty, and violence. You will investigate matters of social justice as they relate to human services, evaluate human services performance structures, and formulate effective strategies based on best practices. You can also add further focus to your doctorate by selecting a specialization in mental health administration or nonprofit management. Be an advocate for people in need.
- Design research related to human services theories and systems
- Critique incorporation of social justice matters in human services organizations
- Assess human services performance structures, capacity building, and talent development implementation strategies
- Evaluate concepts, skills, and policies and initiatives that are fundamental to ethical and legal practice in the human services settings
- Formulate strategies to navigate the complexities of human services systems based on best practices
- Advocate for specific strategies, standards, policies, practices, and service delivery methods using multiple communication methods