Earn your degree in health info management online
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Use data to improve the quality of health care when you earn your Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management degree online from Ashford University.
The Health Information Management program prepares you to enter the health care industry well-versed in health information management, health data management, and health information services.
The curriculum blends management, finance, information technology, medicine, and law into one program. If you want to work in the health care industry, but don’t want to care for people directly, then this degree might be for you.
With a broad health care background, you may seek employment in all levels of health care and interact with a wide spectrum of other health care professionals.
- Analyze health data structure, content, standards, clinical classification systems and reimbursement methodologies
- Manage strategic planning and organizational development
- Compare and contrast health statistics, biomedical research, quality management, and performance improvement strategies used in healthcare
- Examine driving factors influencing healthcare organization, delivery systems, healthcare privacy, confidentiality, and legal and ethical issues
- Evaluate emerging applications in health informatics
- Evaluate emerging healthcare trends in health information management, and communication technology, information systems and data security
- Analyze the process of job analysis, staffing, appraisal and compensation, training, career planning, and organizational development
The baccalaureate degree Health Information Management program is in Candidacy Status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).