Earn Your Online Journalism Degree
✓Develop research & writing skills
✓Learn concepts of delivery & impact
✓Build your portfolio
Uncover the truth and get to the bottom of the story with an online journalism degree from Ashford University.
Your College for Journalism and Mass Communication
Ashford’s BA in Journalism and Mass Communication will help you develop the necessary skills to research, write, and edit information to be distributed via print, online media, or broadcast journalism. Lean the rights and responsibilities of news media professionals in a changing social and political landscape. Throughout your online journalism degree program, you will also build an electronic portfolio that will showcase your professional journalistic skills to potential employers.
All of the courses in your online journalism bachelor’s degree will be taught by expert faculty with real-world experience. They’ll deliver relevant, up-to-date information that you’ll be able to apply to your journalism and mass communication career.
The Ashford Advantage
When you pursue your Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication at Ashford, you’ll enjoy the convenient online format and mobile classroom that allow you to learn without putting your life on hold. Study wherever and whenever you want. Earn your online journalism degree at an accredited university and take advantage of all the benefits of the Ashford experience:
- Accredited – Ashford University is WSCUC accredited
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Convenient & Flexible – An online journalism bachelor’s degree lets you balance work, life, family, and school
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes – Take one class at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Bachelor’s students can receive special recognition for academic achievements at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
What You Can Do with a Bachelor’s in Journalism
A degree in journalism and mass communication will position you for many career opportunities in media, communications, or any field that requires strong storytelling skills. Some of the careers you can pursue with an online journalism degree include freelance writer, media researcher, professional blogger, local reporter, public relations assistant, advertising coordinator, communication consultant, editor, public relations specialist, or reporter.
Your future awaits at Ashford, your school for journalism. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.