Earn your degree in homeland security online
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HOMELAND SECURITY AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Work to protect America. With your Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security and Emergency Management degree earned online from Ashford University, you gain a broad view of homeland security and emergency preparedness at the federal, state, and local levels.
In the post-911 era, the US government created the Department of Homeland Security, which prepares for, prevents, and responds to domestic emergencies.
With this degree program, you will transcend a single discipline to consider counter-terrorism, planning for natural disasters, and terrorism response. Your interdisciplinary courses include ethics, international relations, cybercrime, and an emphasis on American government and the United States Constitution.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of relevant bodies of law, the intelligence community, and international, political, social, and cultural environments
- Develop critical thinking skills for effective problem solving relative to emergency management issues, principles, and procedures
- Understand the importance of the historic, cultural, and diversity aspects of selected populations
- Demonstrate the ability to write a substantive report or analysis using strong research skills and technical writing proficiency
- Evaluate homeland security and emergency management data and analyze the validity of the information
- Create a report that demonstrates the ability to retrieve information from relevant websites including the pertinent governmental websites and repositories of information
- Evaluate the ethical implications of Homeland Security measures