Earn your degree in history online
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HISTORY
Dive in to the past, and prepare for your future. Your Bachelor of Arts in History degree earned online from Ashford University demonstrates your comprehension of the evolving forces that continually shape modern life.
In a world transformed by the powerful tides of globalization and cultural conflict, the study of history provides an intellectual toolkit for addressing complex global issues. Your courses explore multiple regions and cultures, and conclude with a research-focused capstone course.
- Utilize appropriate historical sources in the completion of written and/or oral narratives and analysis
- Interpret events, institutions, and human communities in their historical contexts
- Assess historical phenomena in terms of continuity, change, causation, and significance
- Distinguish between history and other ways of thinking about the past
- Evaluate historical events and trends from global perspectives that examine interaction between societies and cultures
- Assess the significance of social and cultural developments within broader historical contexts