Earn Your Online History Degree
Uncover the mysteries of the past with your online history degree from Ashford University. This fascinating topic provides proper context for the various forces that have formed the modern world and offers insight into where society may be headed. All of your history courses are offered in a convenient online format so you don’t have to put your life on hold. Earn your online history degree at an accredited university and enjoy all the benefits of the Ashford experience:
- Accredited – Learn at an accredited online university
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your online bachelor’s degree in history
- Convenient & Flexible – When you earn your BA in history online, you’ll be able to balance work, life, family, and school
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes – Take history courses one at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Receive special recognition for your academic achievements in a bachelor’s program at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
What You’ll Learn When You Major in History
The online bachelor’s degree in history at Ashford University balances between American and world history. History courses focus on topics like European history, Asian history, African history, U.S. history, world civilizations, women’s history, historical methodologies, decolonization, and globalization. Your online history degree also explores the American Constitution, social studies, and multiple regions and cultures.
What Can I Do with a History Degree?
An online bachelor’s degree in history will help you to understand the world around you, knowledge that can be valuable in many careers. Some of the typical career paths for history graduates include public servant, writer, researcher, museum worker, lawmaker, or manager.
Your future awaits at Ashford. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.