Earn your degree in health education online
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HEALTH EDUCATION
Share your skills and make a difference with your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education degree earned online from Ashford University.
If your passion is to help people improve their health, then this online degree program is for you. This degree represents your proficiency in overcoming the challenges that confront community health. Your online coursework covers nutrition, alternative medicine, and behavior modification.
Explore the practical issues faced by health professionals as you learn to trace the physical and cultural causes of disease. Add the specialization of Health Care Informatics Systems to deepen your breadth of knowledge in health education.
- Examine the individual and community needs for health education
- Examine the impact of social and cultural factors in health education planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Analyze research in health education
- Identify elements of effective health education
- Differentiate tools health educators use to bring about health change
- Examine the interrelationships between physical, social, mental, and cultural forces in the etiology of disease
- Examine behavior change theories and models in the context of health education
- Apply measures of individual and community health needs to health education planning, delivery, and evaluation