Earn your degree in early childhood education admin online
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION
Realize your potential while enhancing your understanding of the many aspects of children's education and administration when you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration degree online from Ashford University.
Choose this program if you are interested in pursuing potential careers such as child care facility director, or owning, directing, or coordinating a preschool. Add the specialization in Infant and Toddler Care to enhance your breadth of knowledge.
- Demonstrate knowledge of child development principles, including cognitive, language, physical and affective domains, in creating environments that are healthy, supportive, and challenging for children and childcare environments
- Analyze the influence and impact of families and communities on a child’s learning and development
- Design and assess developmentally appropriate educational strategies and programs promoting positive development and learning for children
- Apply educational leadership principles in directing and managing a child care setting
- Identify components of personnel management in the recruiting, hiring, and maintenance of staff in quality child care settings
- Demonstrate knowledge of fiscal, legal, ethical, and program requirements in administrating quality child care settings
Certification and Licensure Terms and Conditions
An online degree from Ashford University does not lead to immediate teacher licensure in any state. If you want to become a classroom teacher, contact your state's education authorities prior to enrolling at Ashford to determine what state-specific requirements you must complete before obtaining your teacher's license. Ashford graduates will be subject to additional requirements on a state-by-state basis that will include one or more of the following: student teaching or practicum experience, additional coursework, additional testing, or, if the state requires a specific type of degree to seek alternative certification, earning an additional degree. None of Ashford's online education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), which is a requirement for certification in some states. Other factors, such as a student's criminal history, may prevent an applicant from obtaining licensure or employment in this field of study. All prospective students are advised to visit the Education Resource Organizations Directory (EROD) and to contact the licensing body of the state where they are licensed or intend to obtain licensure to verify that these courses qualify for teacher certification, endorsement, and/or salary benefits in that state prior to enrolling. Prospective students are also advised to regularly review the state's policies and procedures relating to licensure as those policies are subject to change.