Earn your bachelor’s in consumer and family financial services online
When you earn your financial planning degree online at the Forbes School of Business & Technology™ at Ashford University, you’ll be positioned to help families and individuals navigate through complicated financial matters. The Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services delivers the knowledge you’ll need for careers in insurance, investing, family financial advising, personal financial planning, and more. Pursue your financial planning degree online at an accredited university and enjoy all the benefits of the Ashford experience:
- Accredited – Learn at an accredited online university
- Transfer Credits* – Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your bachelor’s in consumer and family financial services
- Convenient & Flexible – An online financial advisor degree allows you to balance work, life, family, and school
- Affordable – Tuition and books may cost less than at other universities
- 5-Week Classes – Take financial planning classes one at a time and still be considered full time
- Prestige – Receive special recognition for your academic achievements in a bachelor’s program at Ashford’s online Honors College
- 24/7 Support – Communicate with librarians, writing consultants, and tech support whenever you want
- Ashford Promise – No charges or debt incurred until the fourth week of your first course
- Tuition Assistance – Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify
Your Financial Planning Degree Online Curriculum
The online coursework for the financial services bachelor’s degree focuses on financial institutions, markets, and the laws that govern them. Your financial advising courses explore business finance, personal financial planning, investment management, insurance, and related areas. The degree is distinct from corporate financial degrees, however, due to its focus on providing support to individuals and families.
What Can I Do with a Financial Services Degree?
The Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services prepares you for many careers that focus on helping people handle their finances. Some potential career options you could pursue as a graduate include family financial advisor, retirement consultant, credit counselor, personal financial planner, investment analyst, financial counselor, loan officer, or financial analyst.
Earn an Accredited Online Financial Advisor Degree
Ashford’s Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services degree is accredited through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Your future awaits at Ashford. Fill out the form to get started.
*The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University's transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.