Earn your applied linguistics degree online
BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE IN APPLIED LINGUISTICS
If your career goals focus on language acquisition or technology, then this online degree program is for you.
Your online coursework covers both the theory and the practical applications of linguistics.
Discover the structure of language and how it is learned. Explore language-related technologies and how they impact professions.
This degree represents your competence in computational linguistics, teaching English, and speech pathology.
- Examine the overall theories and purposes of linguistic study and research
- Analyze how language is acquired
- Predict the use of language-related technologies and their impact on professions
- Assess the interdisciplinary connections between language, culture, and community
- Analyze the principles and processes of Linguistics fields, such as phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, computational/corpus linguistics, and historical linguistics
- Interpret the policy issues and sociological aspects of applied linguistics
- Develop a capstone research paper exemplifying the ability to apply theoretical knowledge, and research, and technological skills in preparation for a career in the field