Earn your degree in military studies
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE IN MILITARY STUDIES
This entry-level online degree program may help if you seek to advance in your military career.
You'll find your courses in this 64-credit program, taken one at a time for five weeks each, focus on topics important to the military, such as political science, international relations, history, and peacekeeping.
Upon completion of your associate degree at Ashford, you can transfer your credits toward any of Ashford's many bachelor's degree programs.
- Develop logical reasoning skills at a level useful in decision making and problem-solving activities
- Develop the ability to communicate written ideas clearly
- Explain the concept of power and how it can be exercised
- Apply historical events or perspectives to the study of the military
- Assess how international relations relates to the study of the military
- Examine the role of the military as an instrument for the preservation of peace, as well as the waging of war
- Identify moral and ethical issues related to the military
Special Terms and Conditions
The Associate of Arts in Military Studies is not a Military Science (ROTC) program and does not lead to a commission.